Sunday, December 28, 2008

Is Wireless Radiation Dangerous?

I wonder about the electro-radiation in my home from our wireless transmitter for our computer-internet connection. I increasingly get the feeling that I can "feel" it at the computer, sometimes get headaches or my hands get "hot" (resting near the keyboard). I've been strongly considering going back to CAT-5e hardline connections and getting rid of the wireless. Are there risks? I have young children as well. This is an issue that has been lingering for years

One thing you have to be careful of, when dealing with issues like this, is pseudoscience. You often find conflicting information regarding the harmful effects of wireless radiation, especially from cell phones. You should seek advice from a TRUSTED source in such matters. Thus, I won't be giving you an answer.

Pay attention to the results of the Interphone study on cell phone usage. If they don't find a risk, then it is doubtful that your wireless connection poses a risk.

Also, I seriously doubt your hands are getting "hot" from your router. Router's typically put out 10's of mW of power, which is a really small amount.

Interphone Study Links
International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
International Herald Tribune



No comments: